Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 22, 2012
Free Parking on Masonboro Island
When Commentator Shane Fernando was a kid, this area of Southeastern North Carolina was far less populated, and popular.
But Shane still remembers when Masonboro Island was a quiet getaway and the parking was free.