Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Sat January 28, 2012
The Fox Hunt On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 22, 2012 2:03 pm
The string band The Fox Hunt returns to Mountain Stage to dispense more dirt-laden tales of drinking, cheating and damnation around a single shared condenser microphone. Led by singer-songwriter John R. Miller, the Martinsburg, W.V., group assimilates influences that begin with early-20th-century string-band music and end with a variety of punk and rock.
Formed in 2006, the group supports its harmonies with mandolin, banjo and fiddle. In 2010, the band released its third album, Long Way to Go. Upon returning from a tour of Ireland in 2011, The Fox Hunt became the first act to sell out the Shepherdtown, W.V., Opera House. On the road 150 days a year, the band has amassed a loyal following and was featured on CNN.
This show originally aired on October 14, 2011.