Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Sat January 28, 2012
The Fox Hunt On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Fri June 22, 2012 2:03 pm
The string band The Fox Hunt returns to Mountain Stage to dispense more dirt-laden tales of drinking, cheating and damnation around a single shared condenser microphone. Led by singer-songwriter John R. Miller, the Martinsburg, W.V., group assimilates influences that begin with early-20th-century string-band music and end with a variety of punk and rock.
Formed in 2006, the group supports its harmonies with mandolin, banjo and fiddle. In 2010, the band released its third album, Long Way to Go. Upon returning from a tour of Ireland in 2011, The Fox Hunt became the first act to sell out the Shepherdtown, W.V., Opera House. On the road 150 days a year, the band has amassed a loyal following and was featured on CNN.
This show originally aired on October 14, 2011.