Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Sun October 4, 2009
"The fire ants I was watching, also called imported fire ants, have origins in South America and they are more aggressive and invasive than our native fire ants."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Following more than a week of off and on rainfall, some of it substantial, a change in the weather seemed to be in the making as I was taking an account of some wet places around my property.
Andy Wood is education director of Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina," a collection of his WHQR commentaries.