Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Midday Interviews / Wilmington Theater Awards
Thu January 26, 2012
First Annual Wilmington Theater Awards Debuts Thursday Night at Thalian Hall
The first annual Wilmington Theater Awards will honor its brightest stars tonight at Thalian Hall in downtown Wilmington. Modeled after the Tony Awards (sans paparazzi and red carpet fashion analysis), this awards show boasts impressive musical numbers, pokes fun at members of the theater community, and stars local luminaries as presenters (hint: Tony Award-winning Actress Linda Lavin and Mayor Bill Saffo, to name a few).
John Staton, Features Editor of the Star News, and Donn Ansell, organizer and producer of the awards show, sat down with Rachel Lewis Hilburn in the WHQR studios Thursday, January 26th to announce some of the winners, examine the nominating process, and dispel some misguided notions about the show.
During our Classical block on Tuesdays through Fridays at 12:06, Jemila Ericson and other staff members host a celebration of the arts and culture of the Lower Cape Fear. They interview artists, actors, dancers, writers and creators of community events--all the inspiring movers and shakers who enrich our lives.