Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Soup to Nuts Live!
Fri January 18, 2013
Finger Pickin' & Cello Sizzle at STNL!
Richard Smith and Julie Adams have been traveling the world and blending guitar and cello for years. And while previous sojourns to this end of the Carolinas have been rare, their appearances easily create gushing converts. There were few exceptions at the January 17th Soup To Nuts Live! concert in WHQR's MC Erny Gallery.
WHQR supporter and guitarist Warren Elliott made no bones about it. "I understand that Richard is quite a performer and I've heard his music on WHQR. That's why I've got a front row seat" he exclaimed. Likely, Warren was dazzled not only by Richard, but by the incredible range of cellist (and spouse) Julie Adams. This husband & wife team combines instrumental prowess, lyrical like-mindedness and a love of contemporary music that shows itself in nearly every piece they undertake.
Want to learn more about Richard & Julia? Visit their website at www.richardsmithmusic.com.
Mark your calendar for next month's STNL! concert: Brent Stimmel will perform in our gallery on February 28.