Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Thu September 5, 2013
Finding A Sister City Is A Bit Like Dating
By Ben Bradford
It seems most decent-sized cities in the U.S. have a "sister city" — a companion community in a foreign country. Some even have more than one. But how these cities end up selecting each other is a lot like the dating scene.