Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Thu August 24, 2006
Fido Gets His Own Park
Wilmington, NC – Thursday was the official grand opening of Wilmington's first off-leash dog park.
A private citizen group teamed up with the city to make the two acre stretch of fenced in park a reality at Empie Park. Small dogs and big dogs each have their own areas to run free, and there are water facilities and seating.
The city says Empie Park's new off-leash dog park, and Kure Beach, are now the only two places in the immediate area where dogs can romp free from their masters.