Most Active Stories
- Subtropical Storm Ana Meandering toward Cape Fear region, bringing Wet, Messy Weekend
- Top BOEM Official Addresses Scientists' Concerns about Potential for Redundancy in Seismic Surveying
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- "Silver Arts" Exhibit + Competition
Around the Nation
Tue April 22, 2014
Feds Say Powdered Alcohol Not Ready Yet
Originally published on Tue April 22, 2014 12:34 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Stop the presses, as they used to say before news was spread by Twitter. You will not be making drinks with powdered alcohol yet. We reported yesterday on plans to sell Palcohol mixed drinks to which, like lemonade, you just add water. Now federal regulators say stop, they were wrong to say Palcohol was ready for market. A federal approval for the label was given in error. The company must have a drink and start again.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.