Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu September 13, 2012
Fed Unveils New Programs To Stimulate Economy
Originally published on Thu September 13, 2012 11:19 pm
The Federal Reserve expanded its list of stimulus programs Thursday with a new one aimed squarely at the housing market. The Fed will begin buying $40 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities every month, and will continue doing so until it sees the labor market improve.