Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed August 1, 2012
Fed Holds Off On New Action To Spur Growth
The Federal Reserve took no new action to stimulate the economy on Wednesday but signaled it stands ready to act if hiring and the overall economic outlook does not improve. Since the Fed did not move, many analysts expect it will announce a new round of so-called quantitative easing at its next meeting in September.