Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Thu December 29, 2011
Farm and Home
Author and creative writing professor Philip Gerard is more likely to need a pen than a hammer in his day-to-day life.
But every now and then, he gets the urge to be in the midst of nuts, bolts, and the nostalgic scent of sawdust that surrounded him at a hardware shop in his hometown, Farm and Home.