Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu April 12, 2012
Farewell and thanks to Michelle Bliss
All of us here at WHQR know how much we will miss Michelle Bliss, whose last day at the station was Thursday, April 12th. Michelle, who is a graduate of the UNCW Master’s program in Creative Writing, will be working with a literary agent on a book project. Rachel Lewis Hilburn will be our interim news director while we search for a permanent replacement. (More)
Michelle started at the station as a graduate intern before serving as news director. She’s been proud to serve the community with WHQR’s daily news stories, in-depth feature reporting, as well as critical coverage during both election and hurricane seasons. During her time at WHQR, Michelle has won two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, one for her 2010 story on the 7th Congressional District race and another for her 2011 story on the effects of water contamination at Camp Lejeune.
Michelle is thankful for her time at the station, as well as the many mentors and friends she’s met while working there. We wish Michelle all the best and look forward to having her as a guest on Prologue very soon!
WHQR is now soliciting applications for its News Director position. Click here for details.