Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue May 31, 2011
"First recorded human settlers who discovered the region over ten thousand years ago were so mystified at its uniqueness that they surmised that it wasn't a natural phenomenon and certainly couldn't be human-made."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC –
Shane Fernando is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW. He lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington.