Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue May 31, 2011
"First recorded human settlers who discovered the region over ten thousand years ago were so mystified at its uniqueness that they surmised that it wasn't a natural phenomenon and certainly couldn't be human-made."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC –
Shane Fernando is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW. He lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington.