Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 31, 2011
"First recorded human settlers who discovered the region over ten thousand years ago were so mystified at its uniqueness that they surmised that it wasn't a natural phenomenon and certainly couldn't be human-made."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC –
Shane Fernando is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW. He lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington.