Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu April 12, 2012
The Fact Behind the Facts
As a budding journalist with his first front-page byline, Commentator Philip Gerard was understandably smug.
The piece he'd written, on a young man who saved his girlfriend from a burning car, had won him recognition--professionally and locally. But, years later, when one local gives him an essential detail about the piece--one Philip had missed--he starts to wonder about the fact behind the facts, and how to reach it.