Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri January 27, 2012
Facebook's IPO Filing Could Come Next Week, 'Wall Street Journal' Says
Originally published on Fri January 27, 2012 3:17 pm
We've been hearing it would happen for quite a while, so keep that in mind when you read this scoop. The Wall Street Journal says:
"Facebook Inc. could file papers for an initial public offering as early as next week and is currently looking at a deal that would value the social network between $75 billion to $100 billion, said people familiar with the matter."
The Journal adds that "a Facebook spokesman declined to comment." Also not talking: a spokesman for Morgan Stanley, the company the Journal says is likely to be the lead underwriter of the IPO.