Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon April 2, 2007
Every Contribution Reported, Says Wright
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – State Representative Thomas Wright says he may not be the best bookkeeper, but says he has always made corrections to any errors on his campaign finance report.
The comment is a response to a Star-News article reporting Wright's donor records fail to match election reports.
The article claims Wright's donor records fail to match election reports with more than 270 contributions unaccounted for, adding up to nearly $120,000 dollars.
Wright is his own campaign treasurer. He says while he's not the world's best record keeper he's made corrections when needed.
No contributions that I am cognizant of have ever been deliberately left off of any report. And if I found them, I just added them up later, but they were always reported even if they didn't get to that same cycle.
Wright says he thinks the State Board of Election's investigation into his campaign finance reports will find a couple of errors but nothing criminal. He says once the issue blows over he will hand over record keeping to someone else.