Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed July 18, 2012
End of the Summer 2012 Pledge Drive Survey
**We’ll be evaluating the lessons to be learned and figuring out what changes we need to make as we go forward. You can help us by filling out a short survey.
Our summer 2012 pledge drive ended as promised Wednesday night. I’m very grateful to the outstanding WHQR staff, dedicated volunteers, and hundreds of listeners who made new or renewing pledges during the drive.
All together, 642 listeners pledged by mail, the web, and phone, with a total of $50,949 raised to support the station! Our partnership with the NC Coastal Land Trust and the North Carolina Division of the Society of American Foresters means that 402 long-leaf pine seedlings will be planted at Everett Creek Preserve in Onslow County.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to cut down on the number of fundraising days per year, this drive fell short of the $66,000 goal.
We know that the audience in Wilmington has been incredibly generous and supportive of our public service mission. We believe they share with us the desire to raise enough money to keep WHQR strong and healthy, while still keeping fundraising days to a minimum. If you missed the drive, you can still make a pledge here.
Thanks again to everyone who supported the drive.