Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Live in Concert
Fri September 28, 2012
Efterklang With Wordless Music Orchestra, Live In Concert
Originally published on Wed June 18, 2014 3:31 pm
The Danish art-rock trio Efterklang took the stage with the Wordless Music Orchestra at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Thursday for this, the American premiere of music from the band's album Piramida.
Following a world premiere this past May at the Sydney Opera House, this performance features arrangements by composers Missy Mazzoli, Karsten Fundal and Daníel Bjarnason. The trio was joined onstage by multi-instrumentalist Peter Broderick, drummer Budgie and vocalist Katinka Fogh Vindelev, while conductor Matthew Coorey leads the Wordless Music Orchestra.
- "Hollow Mountain"
- "The Living Layer"
- "The Ghost"
- "Black Summer"
- "Between The Walls"
- "Modern Drift" (encore)
Audio engineers: Edward Haber, George Wellington, Irene Trudel, Noriko Okabe and Kristin Mueller for Q2 Music
Originally recorded on Sept. 22 by Q2 Music.