Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Live in Concert
Fri September 28, 2012
Efterklang With Wordless Music Orchestra, Live In Concert
Originally published on Wed June 18, 2014 3:31 pm
The Danish art-rock trio Efterklang took the stage with the Wordless Music Orchestra at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Thursday for this, the American premiere of music from the band's album Piramida.
Following a world premiere this past May at the Sydney Opera House, this performance features arrangements by composers Missy Mazzoli, Karsten Fundal and Daníel Bjarnason. The trio was joined onstage by multi-instrumentalist Peter Broderick, drummer Budgie and vocalist Katinka Fogh Vindelev, while conductor Matthew Coorey leads the Wordless Music Orchestra.
- "Hollow Mountain"
- "The Living Layer"
- "The Ghost"
- "Black Summer"
- "Between The Walls"
- "Modern Drift" (encore)
Audio engineers: Edward Haber, George Wellington, Irene Trudel, Noriko Okabe and Kristin Mueller for Q2 Music
Originally recorded on Sept. 22 by Q2 Music.