Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Live in Concert
Fri September 28, 2012
Efterklang With Wordless Music Orchestra, Live In Concert
Originally published on Wed June 18, 2014 3:31 pm
The Danish art-rock trio Efterklang took the stage with the Wordless Music Orchestra at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Thursday for this, the American premiere of music from the band's album Piramida.
Following a world premiere this past May at the Sydney Opera House, this performance features arrangements by composers Missy Mazzoli, Karsten Fundal and Daníel Bjarnason. The trio was joined onstage by multi-instrumentalist Peter Broderick, drummer Budgie and vocalist Katinka Fogh Vindelev, while conductor Matthew Coorey leads the Wordless Music Orchestra.
- "Hollow Mountain"
- "The Living Layer"
- "The Ghost"
- "Black Summer"
- "Between The Walls"
- "Modern Drift" (encore)
Audio engineers: Edward Haber, George Wellington, Irene Trudel, Noriko Okabe and Kristin Mueller for Q2 Music
Originally recorded on Sept. 22 by Q2 Music.