Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu August 9, 2012
Drought May Force Tougher Water Restrictions
Originally published on Thu August 9, 2012 8:03 am
As drought continues throughout the country, municipalities are doing their part to maintain water sources like lakes. In some cities, officials are using law enforcement to regulate the water usage of businesses and residents. Rachel Otwell of member station WUIS in Springfield, Illinois, reports much tighter restrictions could be coming soon.