Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed September 19, 2012
Dog Shoots French Hunter
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. When Dick Cheney accidentally shot a hunting companion, the injured man insisted he did not blame the then-vice president. A French man feels the same way about his dog. He was hunting when the dog's paw was caught in the trigger. The shotgun went off and wrecked the man's hand. The hunter straightforwardly took responsibility afterwards, saying he should've applied the safety catch. He says it wasn't the dog's fault, and he's adorable. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.