Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri November 11, 2005
Documentary Tries to Heal the Lasting Divide of Vietnam
The latest documentary by the chair of UNCW's film studies department, Lou Buttino, takes a personal look at the lasting effects of the Vietnam War. "Broken Brotherhood: Vietnam and the Boys from Colgate" reunited Buttino, a conscientious objector, with his former roommate, a veteran he hadn't spoken with in three decades. WHQR's Megan Williams talked with both men about the film, and the war.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, Nov. 11, 2005 – Professor Lou Buttino was recently named chair of UNCW's Department of Film Studies. Brian O'Donnell is an architect with Bay State Design in Massachusetts.