Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri November 11, 2005
Documentary Tries to Heal the Lasting Divide of Vietnam
The latest documentary by the chair of UNCW's film studies department, Lou Buttino, takes a personal look at the lasting effects of the Vietnam War. "Broken Brotherhood: Vietnam and the Boys from Colgate" reunited Buttino, a conscientious objector, with his former roommate, a veteran he hadn't spoken with in three decades. WHQR's Megan Williams talked with both men about the film, and the war.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, Nov. 11, 2005 – Professor Lou Buttino was recently named chair of UNCW's Department of Film Studies. Brian O'Donnell is an architect with Bay State Design in Massachusetts.