Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
January 13, 14 @ Thalian Hall Studio Theater
Mon December 30, 2013
Doc-Week at Cinematique: "Muscle Shoals"
The small town of Muscle Shoals, Alabama is the unlikely breeding ground for some of America's most creative and defiant music. The music of Muscle Shoals has helped create some of the most important and resonant songs of all time. At its heart is Rick Hall who founded FAME Studios. Overcoming crushing poverty and tragedies, Hall brought black and white together in Alabama's cauldron of racial hostility to create timeless music classics.
He is responsible for creating the "Muscle Shoals sound" and The Swampers, the storied house band at FAME. Gregg Allman, Bono, Clarence Carter, Mick Jagger, Etta James, Alicia Keys, Keith Richards, Percy Sledge and others bear witness to Muscle Shoals' magnetism, mystery and why it remains influential today. (PG, 1hr. 21Min.)
January 13-14, Monday-Tuesday, 7:30PM
at Thalian Hall's Studio Theater
“It is hands down one of the best music documentaries ever made.” -Seattle Times
January 15, 16 @Thalian Hall Studio Theater
January 17, 18 @ Thalian Hall Studio Theater