Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri February 10, 2006
The Difficult Life of Undocumented Students
North Carolina is home to the fastest growing Latino population in the country, which creates new, and contentious issues for the state. A new documentary looks at the situation of undocumented high school students, who aren't eligible for in-state tuition in North Carolina's higher education system. WHQR's Megan Williams sat down with the film's director, UNCW Education Professor Maurice Martinez...
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, February 10, 2006 – Maurice Martinez is a professor in UNCW's Watson School of Education. His film, La Vida No Es Facil screens at 7pm Friday, February 10th, at the Watson School. For more information, call (910) 962-3369.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.