Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri August 24, 2007
Is Deviant Behavior Contagious?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Kenneth Dodge is Director of the Center for Child and Family Policy at Duke University. He studies things like peer pressure, teen aggression and effective prevention programs for at-risk kids.
He also led a panel made up of juvenile court judges, mental health care workers, lawmakers and scholars from a wide spectrum of disciplines.
For three years they probed into whether deviant behavior in teenagers is contagious. As Dr. Doge explains in this interview, the panel came up with several conclusions.