Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri August 24, 2007
Is Deviant Behavior Contagious?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Kenneth Dodge is Director of the Center for Child and Family Policy at Duke University. He studies things like peer pressure, teen aggression and effective prevention programs for at-risk kids.
He also led a panel made up of juvenile court judges, mental health care workers, lawmakers and scholars from a wide spectrum of disciplines.
For three years they probed into whether deviant behavior in teenagers is contagious. As Dr. Doge explains in this interview, the panel came up with several conclusions.