Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri August 24, 2007
Is Deviant Behavior Contagious?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Kenneth Dodge is Director of the Center for Child and Family Policy at Duke University. He studies things like peer pressure, teen aggression and effective prevention programs for at-risk kids.
He also led a panel made up of juvenile court judges, mental health care workers, lawmakers and scholars from a wide spectrum of disciplines.
For three years they probed into whether deviant behavior in teenagers is contagious. As Dr. Doge explains in this interview, the panel came up with several conclusions.