Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Fri July 19, 2013
New Twist In Detroit's Financial Troubles
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 6:12 pm
A county judge in Michigan has ruled that Detroit's bankruptcy filing must be withdrawn because it violates the state constitution. Quinn Klinefelter of member station WDET tells Melissa Block that the state is appealing the order.