Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu November 10, 2011
Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America Screens at Cucalorus
The Cucalorus Film Festival has taken over downtown Wilmington, bringing hundreds of feature films, shorts, and documentaries, including Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America which chronicles the 2010 pageant in South Dakota.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss spoke with director Alexis Ostrander about the film, which opens with Ms. Wheelchair Michigan 2009 Amber Marcy taking part in one of her favorite activities: skydiving.
NOTE: This story does contain mature subject matter.
Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America is screening Friday night at 7:45 in Thalian Hall’s Black Theater.