Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu November 10, 2011
Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America Screens at Cucalorus
The Cucalorus Film Festival has taken over downtown Wilmington, bringing hundreds of feature films, shorts, and documentaries, including Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America which chronicles the 2010 pageant in South Dakota.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss spoke with director Alexis Ostrander about the film, which opens with Ms. Wheelchair Michigan 2009 Amber Marcy taking part in one of her favorite activities: skydiving.
NOTE: This story does contain mature subject matter.
Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America is screening Friday night at 7:45 in Thalian Hall’s Black Theater.