Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed September 28, 2011
At Day 2 Of Trial, Promoter Says Michael Jackson Looked Healthy
"Two days before he died, Michael Jackson appeared strong during one of the final rehearsals for his highly anticipated comeback concerts, a promoter told jurors Wednesday as the involuntary manslaughter trial of the pop superstar's physician entered its second day."
Jackson died on June 25, 2009. Dr. Conrad Murray has been charged involuntary manslaughter. As the AP says, "prosecutors allege Murray caused Jackson's death by providing him with a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives without the proper lifesaving equipment or skills." Murray says he's innocent.
We're not following every moment of the trial, but many other news outlets are:
-- There's a webcast at OnTheRedCarpet.com.
-- The Los Angeles Times has "live video and discussion" here.
-- Sky News is live-blogging here.