Most Active Stories
- Top BOEM Official Addresses Scientists' Concerns about Potential for Redundancy in Seismic Surveying
- Subtropical Storm Ana Meandering toward Cape Fear region, bringing Wet, Messy Weekend
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- "Silver Arts" Exhibit + Competition
Around the Nation
Mon January 6, 2014
Dangerously Low Wind Chills Pummel Much Of U.S.
"Historic" — that's one of the terms being used to describe the brutally cold temperatures across the Midwest and other parts of the country. Some temperatures are the lowest recorded in two decades, many in the single digits or below zero with wind chills predicted as low as minus 50.