Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Mon August 20, 2012
Dames Gone Wild In Burlington, Vt.
As Dames Gone Wild, we are traveling the U.S. doing volunteer work after leaving jobs that no longer fulfilled us. In our 50s and 60s, we had the courage to leave our home, St. Petersburg, Fla., in June and we are on our fifteenth stop — Burlington, Vt. — of 33 cities during our Summer Service Adventure.
We've helped homeless people, senior citizens, adults with serious brain injuries, Habitat for Humanity, quilters for chemo patients, a holistic Hispanic center, the Heidelberg Project, Puppets in Education and more.
The response we've received has been overwhelming and our lives will never be the same.