Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed November 30, 2011
Crane Malfunction Disrupts Downtown
The arm of a crane placing bulkheads on the construction site of the Marriott Courtyard hotel bends under the stress, forcing nearby office buildings to evacuate. Onlookers gathered along Grace Street in downtown Wilmington to watch as crews worked to resolve the situation.
WHQR office and on-air staff made their way to the streets while the station continued to broadcast in automated mode. Our sincere thanks to WFD first-responders for their courtesy and professionalism.