Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu February 22, 2007
Cookies For The Congressman
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Almost a dozen people crammed into Congressman Mike McIntyre's Wilmington office to thank him.
The visit was part of a coordinated event by the liberal online activist group MoveOn.org to support members of congress who voted for a resolution against the President's plan for a troop increase.
Group members left McIntyre a thank you letter and a plate of cookies with a yellow ribbon on top. MoveOn's Gillian Bergeron calls the visit symbolic.
It just represents the fact that we're thrilled with what he's doing, it's normal people, home baked cookies, doesn't say much more than that.
During the debate on the bill, McIntyre said fewer troops would empower the Iraqi people. McIntyre is part of a coalition of moderate democrats known as Blue Dog democrats.