Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri August 24, 2007
Consultants to Study Region's Future
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Cape Fear Region is growing quickly, but the Chamber of Commerce is trying to determine if growth is good.
The Wilmington Chamber of Commerce has hired consultants to help the Cape Fear region prosper.
Those consultants say the first step is to define what prosperity is, so they'll organize focus groups in New Hanover, Pender and Brunswick Counties.
Senior Researcher Kevin Stolarick says on the one hand the area's job market is expanding.
But in the past 5 years, it's in the upper twenties, out of twenty-five, when it comes to income growth. So as a region it's been growing, but it's not necessarily improving.
Stolarick and the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce expect to present more definitive answers on the region's future early next year.