Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Fri August 24, 2007
Consultants to Study Region's Future
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Cape Fear Region is growing quickly, but the Chamber of Commerce is trying to determine if growth is good.
The Wilmington Chamber of Commerce has hired consultants to help the Cape Fear region prosper.
Those consultants say the first step is to define what prosperity is, so they'll organize focus groups in New Hanover, Pender and Brunswick Counties.
Senior Researcher Kevin Stolarick says on the one hand the area's job market is expanding.
But in the past 5 years, it's in the upper twenties, out of twenty-five, when it comes to income growth. So as a region it's been growing, but it's not necessarily improving.
Stolarick and the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce expect to present more definitive answers on the region's future early next year.