Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu March 29, 2007
Congressman McIntyre Calls For Prayer
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – On Capitol Hill Wednesday Congressman Mike McIntyre called for the nation to pray for the country and its leaders.
McIntyre and 40 other members of congress have formed the Congressional Prayer Caucus, asking people, synagogues and religious organizations to pray for the nation five minutes a week.
Congressional Prayer Caucus members from the North Carolina delegation include Robin Hayes, Heath Shuler and Virginia Fox.