Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu March 29, 2007
Congressman McIntyre Calls For Prayer
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – On Capitol Hill Wednesday Congressman Mike McIntyre called for the nation to pray for the country and its leaders.
McIntyre and 40 other members of congress have formed the Congressional Prayer Caucus, asking people, synagogues and religious organizations to pray for the nation five minutes a week.
Congressional Prayer Caucus members from the North Carolina delegation include Robin Hayes, Heath Shuler and Virginia Fox.