Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Sun April 29, 2007
Commuter Challenge: Conversation Continues
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – For the last month a group of commuters have put aside their lonely drives to and from work to participate in what's called the Commuter Challenge.
Lawless Bean's job is to develop and promote alternative transportation for the region. She's started a carpooling website, pushed for and now promoting a new bike route map and for the last month she's been rewarding commuters who have chosen to take what's called the Commuter Challenge and put aside their daily routine and find other ways to get to and from work. We start our conversation talking about those alternative means of transportation.