Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Thu August 8, 2013
Communicating with Body Language
While tutoring a child from Saudi Arabia, who could not speak a word of English, community commentator, Maryann Nunnally, realizes that communicating with any child is the same in any language.
Maryann Nunnally is a former teacher, principal, and Board of Education member in New Hanover County with over 45 years of experience. She is now retired from paid work, and volunteers tutoring at-risk children.
Commentaries on WHQR.org don’t necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Listeners share their views