Most Active Stories
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- On the Next CoastLine: Long Term Plans for the Cape Fear Region
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- CoastLine: Vertex Rail on Incentives, Why Hometown Hires Will Make Up 10% of Workforce
Thu August 8, 2013
Communicating with Body Language
While tutoring a child from Saudi Arabia, who could not speak a word of English, community commentator, Maryann Nunnally, realizes that communicating with any child is the same in any language.
Maryann Nunnally is a former teacher, principal, and Board of Education member in New Hanover County with over 45 years of experience. She is now retired from paid work, and volunteers tutoring at-risk children.
Commentaries on WHQR.org don’t necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Listeners share their views