Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu August 8, 2013
Communicating with Body Language
While tutoring a child from Saudi Arabia, who could not speak a word of English, community commentator, Maryann Nunnally, realizes that communicating with any child is the same in any language.
Maryann Nunnally is a former teacher, principal, and Board of Education member in New Hanover County with over 45 years of experience. She is now retired from paid work, and volunteers tutoring at-risk children.
Commentaries on WHQR.org don’t necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Listeners share their views