Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Shots - Health Blog
Wed June 6, 2012
Commenters Bite Back On The Paleo Diet
Originally published on Wed June 6, 2012 1:52 pm
Readers batted around the relative merits of the paleo diet, how to interpret Paleolithic man's short lifespan and the meaning of evolutionary medicine, among other issues.
As the comments show, the question of whether there is an ideal human diet — and whether we should look to the past to find it — is a provocative one. And many of our commenters, like the scientists studying these issues, aren't in agreement with each other.
We took a spin through the comments and pulled out some of those that struck us as most intriguing. Feel free to comment.