Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Shots - Health Blog
Wed June 6, 2012
Commenters Bite Back On The Paleo Diet
Originally published on Wed June 6, 2012 1:52 pm
Readers batted around the relative merits of the paleo diet, how to interpret Paleolithic man's short lifespan and the meaning of evolutionary medicine, among other issues.
As the comments show, the question of whether there is an ideal human diet — and whether we should look to the past to find it — is a provocative one. And many of our commenters, like the scientists studying these issues, aren't in agreement with each other.
We took a spin through the comments and pulled out some of those that struck us as most intriguing. Feel free to comment.