Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri January 6, 2012
Coming Up: December Jobs And Unemployment Report
Originally published on Fri January 6, 2012 7:57 am
The most-anticipated story of the morning seems to be the December jobs and unemployment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is due for release at 8:30 a.m. ET.
We'll post on the news as soon as possible after it's available.
Last month, BLS said the unemployment rate had declined to 8.6 percent in November from 9 percent the month before. And it said private employers had added 140,000 jobs to their payrolls.
Bloomberg News says economists expect job growth was similar or a bit better in December, but that the unemployment rate might have edged up as more people reentered the labor force and started to look for work — but hadn't found any yet.