Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon July 28, 2014
Colorado Rockies Hand Out Free Jerseys — With A Typo
Originally published on Mon July 28, 2014 1:52 pm
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer with news of an all-star spelling error. The Colorado Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates in a home game Saturday night, and fans at Coors Field received replicas of shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's jersey. But the shirts misspelled his last name, omitting the second T. The Rockies apologize; they did notice the error, but decided to give out the jerseys anyway rather than leave fans empty-handed. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.