Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri March 8, 2013
CoastLine: What the changing tax system could mean for you
Would you rather pay state income tax or pay 8% more for groceries, tax on all internet purchases, and pay tax on services not currently taxed - such as accountants and hair stylists?
Tax Reform: It sounds odious, confusing, complicated. And while most lawmakers in Raleigh agree that the current system needs to be updated, they don't yet agree on how to do it.
We explore what the changing tax system could mean for you on this edition of CoastLine (broadcast date: 3/7/13)
CoastLine is part of WHQR News' ongoing effort to promote civil discourse, foster appreciation for differing points of view, and deepen listeners’ understanding of community issues. Hosted by Rachel Lewis Hilburn, the show features in-studio guests and your questions!
To ask a question during the show:
Listeners share their views