Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Fri March 8, 2013
CoastLine: What The Changing Tax System Could Mean For You
Would you rather pay state income tax or pay 8% more for groceries, tax on all internet purchases, and pay tax on services not currently taxed - such as accountants and hair stylists?
Tax Reform: It sounds odious, confusing, complicated. And while most lawmakers in Raleigh agree that the current system needs to be updated, they don't yet agree on how to do it.
We explore what the changing tax system could mean for you on this edition of CoastLine.
CoastLine is part of WHQR News' ongoing effort to promote civil discourse, foster appreciation for differing points of view, and deepen listeners’ understanding of community issues. Hosted by Rachel Lewis Hilburn, the show features in-studio guests and your questions!
To ask a question during the show: