Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed September 20, 2006
Classical Season Look-Ahead Part 1
The humidity's dropping, the kids are back in school: It's time to turn away from the beach, and turn back to the concert hall. WHQR's here to help you decide what to put in your ears, with previews from the North Carolina Symphony and the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC – WHQR sits down with conductors and artistic directors from some of the region's main performing groups to give you a leg up on the coming classical music season.
Part One: Maestros Steven Errante of the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra and William Henry Curry of the North Carolina Symphony.
Find information about tickets, schedules, and performers at the groups' websites:
The Wilmington Symphony Orchestra
The North Carolina Symphony
Chamber Music Wilmington
Wilmington Concert Association
The full performance schedule for UNCW and its venues is on the Office of Cultural Arts' website.