Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 24, 2007
Class Notes: Superintendent Katie McGee
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – WHQR's week of conversation with the region's education officials continues with Brunswick County Schools Superintendent Katie McGee.
It's been a very mixed year in Brunswick County. Schools are winning grants to support student health and upgrade technology, but three lawsuits against the school board are casting some dark shadows. Superintendent Katie McGee speaks about the good and the bad, beginning with one of her important goals.