Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Thu October 26, 2006
Civil War Horses
Some might know that Ulysses Grant's war horse was named Cincinnati, or that Stonewall Jackson's mere was Little Sorrel. Commentator Nan Graham says every Civil War bugg knows that Traveller was Robert E. Lee's ride through the war years, but not his only horse.
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Nan Graham's book In A Magnolia Minute, a collection of WHQR commentaries on life in the south, is available at bookstores.