Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu October 26, 2006
Civil War Horses
Some might know that Ulysses Grant's war horse was named Cincinnati, or that Stonewall Jackson's mere was Little Sorrel. Commentator Nan Graham says every Civil War bugg knows that Traveller was Robert E. Lee's ride through the war years, but not his only horse.
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Nan Graham's book In A Magnolia Minute, a collection of WHQR commentaries on life in the south, is available at bookstores.