Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue August 15, 2006
City of Wilmington Tallies Up Sewer Break Bill
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The City of Wilmington is asking S & C Communications to pay for the cost of fixing damage to a sewer pipe last month.
A letter from the Assistant City Attorney requests $196,605.01.
Nearly five million gallons of wastewater spilled after an S & C crew punctured the River Road sewage pipe back in July.
At first the company said the city failed to mark the pipe, but the city has said it has photos that it marked the site.
The Assistant City Attorney's letter gives S & C Communications 30 days to reimburse the city.