Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue August 15, 2006
City of Wilmington Tallies Up Sewer Break Bill
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The City of Wilmington is asking S & C Communications to pay for the cost of fixing damage to a sewer pipe last month.
A letter from the Assistant City Attorney requests $196,605.01.
Nearly five million gallons of wastewater spilled after an S & C crew punctured the River Road sewage pipe back in July.
At first the company said the city failed to mark the pipe, but the city has said it has photos that it marked the site.
The Assistant City Attorney's letter gives S & C Communications 30 days to reimburse the city.