Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Wed June 12, 2013
City Life Snapshot: Dayton's 5th Street Brew Pub Co-Op
Originally published on Wed June 12, 2013 7:55 pm
In this City Life Snapshot from Dayton, Ohio, we meet Brian Young and Maureen Barry in a story of urban re-invention. Young and Barry gathered up 32 neighborhood investors to turn a 19th century grocery store that had fallen into disrepair into a local gathering spot: the Fifth Street Brew Pub Co-op. This story comes to us from Eric Risher and Lesley Fogle of ReInvention Stories, a project at member station WYSO. It's part of Localore, a national initiative of the Association of Independents in Radio. City Life Snapshots are part of the NPR Cities Project.