Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
December 16-18 @ Thalian Hall
Thu November 21, 2013
Cinematique Presents: "Kill Your Darlings"
Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) gives a fearless performance as young Allen Ginsberg in this mesmerizing true story of friendship, the early days of the Beat Generation and a passion that ends in murder. This biopic set during the famed beat poet's years at Columbia University centers on a murder investigation involving Ginsberg, his handsome classmate Lucien Carr (Dane DeHaan), and fellow Beat author William S. Burroughs (Ben Foster).
The year is 1944. Alongside Carr, Burroughs, and Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston), Ginsberg casts conformity to the wind, forming the foundation of the Beat movement. When someone dies mysteriously, police arrest Kerouac, Burroughs, and Carr as suspects. (Rated R, 1hr, 40min)
December 16-18, Monday-Wednesday
at Thalian Hall's Main Stage
“The excellently acted, fact-inspired "Kill Your Darlings" is a consistently interesting origin story with impressive period details ...” -New York Post
November 25-27 @ Thalian Hall
December 1-3 @ Thalian Hall