Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
November 4-6 at Thalian Hall
Wed October 23, 2013
Cinematique Presents: "Inequality for All"
At the heart of Inequality for All is a simple proposition: what is a good society, and what role does the widening income gap play in the deterioration of our nation's economic health? The film premiered at The Sundance Film Festival and won a U.S. Documentary Special Jury Award for Achievement in Filmmaking.
Robert Reich (former US Secretary of Labor) distils the story through the lens of widening income inequality -- currently at historic highs -- and explores what effects this increasing gap has not only on the U.S. economy but American democracy itself. (PG, 1hr. 25min.)
November 4-6, Monday-Wednesday
at Thalian Hall's Main Stage
"Essential viewing, no matter how you cut it. Joe Neumaier" -New York Daily News
November 25-27 @ Thalian Hall