Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue November 15, 2011
Chu Discusses Solyndra Controversy
On Thursday, Energy Secretary Steven Chu will answer congressional questioning over the handling of a large federal loan guarantee made to the solar energy company Solyndra. The California-based company was to be the first of many American green technology innovators to receive support from the U.S. government. Two years later, Solyndra went belly-up. Melissa Block speaks with Chu about the scrutiny he is now facing over his support of the company.