Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon January 4, 2010
Christmas Bird Count
"We are collecting data about the presence of birds in early winter because birds tell us much about the changing face of our world. We know, for example, that many birds are now found further north in winter than just 40 years ago, testimony to a warming climate trend."
By Andy Wood
Andy shares his experience with this year's Christmas Bird Count.
Andy Wood is education director for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina," a collection of his WHQR commentaries.