Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon January 4, 2010
Christmas Bird Count
"We are collecting data about the presence of birds in early winter because birds tell us much about the changing face of our world. We know, for example, that many birds are now found further north in winter than just 40 years ago, testimony to a warming climate trend."
By Andy Wood
Andy shares his experience with this year's Christmas Bird Count.
Andy Wood is education director for Audubon North Carolina and author of "Backyard Carolina," a collection of his WHQR commentaries.