Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu June 6, 2013
Christie Names N.J. Attorney General To Be Interim Senator
Gov. Chris Christie announced Thursday afternoon that he was appointing his fellow Republican to serve in the Senate until just after the state's Oct. 16 special election.
Christie told reporters that Chiesa will move into his new job on Monday. Chiesa will not be running in the upcoming election, Christie said.
Chiesa became his state's attorney general in January 2012. Prior to that, he was Christie's chief counsel.