Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon August 13, 2007
Chef Harry Schwartz Visits Wilmington
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Watermelons took center stage at Saturday's Riverfront Farmer's Market.
Along with his watermelon bus, television personality Chef Harry Schwartz promoted the versatility of watermelon at Wilmington's Riverfront Farmer's market.
As part of his Fitness from the Start Tour, he is promoting watermelon cupcakes, donuts, salsas and other unusual recipes.
He says the tour is a grassroots program to foster children's healthy eating habits and "to try and give them some of the self confidence and self esteem and security that we've taken away from them by all the stress in our society and address the obesity epidemic that has affected almost all of our children."